You have heard the rumors. Untold millennia ago, they ruled the land, and their power and wisdom were legendary. Now their cities are gone, their might buried in forgotten ruins and hidden vaults. The Logheir built crystal towers that reached towards the skies, proclaiming their challenge to the gods themselves. The Tlacamoc served their Blood Gods well, feeding them thousands of victims every year. The bards say their ancient kingdoms are no more.. but now you wonder.
You hear new stories. Long-dead things stir in a half-buried pyramid. A mighty sword is discovered, attracting both treasure hunters and undead abominations. A chance encounter on a solitary road leads to the sick and decadent court of the last Logheir monarch. A friendly Halfling village harbors soul-twisting horrors beneath its pleasant fate. You vow to discover the secrets of the ancients, and survive to tell the tale...
Secrets of the Ancients presents a series of vignettes that can be used individually or together to enrich any fantasy campaign using the d20 game system. In it, you will find:
- a new Prestige class, the Seeker of Secrets
- a collector of lost artifacts: a wealthy patron, or a deadly foe?
- the Logheir and the Tlacamoc, two lost races, mighty and dangerous
- the Silversteel blade -- a powerful and dangerous Logheir artifact, sought by a nightmarish unliving being
- the Hall of the Sun King, a twisted Logheir celebration and an unexpected guest
- the Pyramid of the Magic-Eater, a Tlacamoc temple, and the dwellers within
- the return of the Blood Gods -- a peaceful village by day, the last bastion of Tlacamoc power by night.
Very Good // An item with noticeable but minor shelfwear. Scuffs and scrapes on exterior but spine / box corners and interior in excellent condition. Contents are complete. May have price / shop sticker on packaging or book cover.